Gil Malfair has worked on an extensive number of significant transactions during the course of his legal career. He has experience working for clients in a wide variety of businesses including mining, oil and gas and energy services, telecommunications, information management, utilities, real estate development, software development and biotechnology. Since establishing Malfair Law, Gil has worked extensively with clients active in the bioenergy, mining and carbon offset generation sectors.
Gil has considerable experience in providing emerging and established businesses with practical and strategic legal advice to assist them with day-to-day operational legal issues as well as transactional matters. Legal services provided include the following:
- private placements and public offerings of securities
- private equity and venture capital transactions (preparation and negotiation of term sheets, advice on exit strategies, etc.)
- corporate governance matters
- share purchase and sale transactions
- asset acquisitions and dispositions
- advice on business structures
- buyout transactions
- counsel to boards, corporate directors and officers
- preparation of shareholder agreements
- preparation of real and personal property security documentation
- registration of security interests
In addition, Gil is an experienced corporate secretary and is currently the corporate secretary of a TSX Venture Exchange listed mineral exploration company and a British Columbia cooperative.
I am happy to provide an extensive list of references from specific clients as well as detailed transactional descriptions upon request.